Sunday, May 22, 2011

My 5 Favorite Paid Attractions on the Strip – in no particular order

These are 5 Attractions on the Strip that I think are worth paying for.

What a peaceful place to visit!  Each animal is more gorgeous than the next.  The dolphins are so smart and beautiful.  It’s easy to watch them for hours.  You can even sign up to be a trainer for a day here.  There are so many beautiful wild animals.  You will see everything from alpacas to lions.  The Secret Garden is tucked away behind the pool area of the Mirage and you will truly escape from the hustle and bustle of the Strip while you are here. Click here for info on the VIP tour.


2. The Stratosphere Tower and Rides
Ok, even if you don’t go on the rides, you have to at least go all the way up the Stratosphere tower.  The view is fantastic.  The whole Strip is right in front of you.  I have to be honest and tell you that I’ve only seen the view during the day.  I will eventually go back at night but the daytime view is pretty great.  The only ride I’ve been on is the X-Scream and I loved it!  Let me give you a little back story.  I DO NOT GO ON RIDES.  I have never been on a rollercoaster, nor do I plan to ever go on one, but for some reason I decided I had to go on a ride on top of the Stratosphere.  I have no regrets.  I’m very glad I did it.  It was such an adrenaline rush!  The added bonus was that I was the ONLY person on the ride!  It really is a priceless picture.  Even if you’re not an adrenaline junkie, I would suggest trying one of the rides.  Just bear in mind that you do have to go through security and metal detectors to go to the top of the tower.

The Eiffel Tower boasts a spectacular view from and interesting perspective.  Rather than looking down and the Strip and seeing it all in front of you, it’s all around you.  The line can be very long depending on the time of the day, but there is a sign that lets you know how long the wait is before you buy the tickets.  I’ve only seen the view at night and it literally took my breath away.  Also, there are usually coupons in the coupon books that you can find in the cabs, so you don’t have to pay full price.

4. Madame Tussauds Wax Museum at the Venetian
The wax museum is such a fun place to visit.  Although I had been to the museum in NYC several times, there are different figures in the Vegas location.  There is also a haunted house tucked inside.  WARNING: The haunted house is not for the faint of heart!  It’s so much fun to pose with your favorite “celebrities”.  It’s also a lot of fun to see how big or small your favorite stars are because the wax figures are exact replicas.  There are usually coupons for Madame Tussauds in the coupon books also.

Although I haven’t been here in 13 years, I truly remember it vividly.  My father and I have fond memories of the classic cars.  We both have a passion for classic cars and this exhibit was like a dream come true.  We even saw one of Liberace’s cars…it had candelabras on it!  I am planning to return soon to take a fresh look at the cars but I would highly recommend seeing this attraction, even if you’re only slightly interested in cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment