Monday, May 2, 2011

My Vegas Playlist

I have a playlist on my iphone filled with only Vegas songs. I usually listen to them on the plane going to Vegas but I also listen to them randomly while I'm working out or just laying in bed. Here's my list:

Viva Las Vegas by Elvis - a Vegas classic! This song just screams VEGAS!

Waking Up in Vegas by Katy Perry - just a happy song that puts me in the Vegas mood!

A Good Run of Bad Luck by Clint Black - a little bit more mellow but still a great Vegas song.

Can't Help Falling in Love by Elvis - this is a personal favorite because I still remember sitting on the bed of the Flamingo (when it was still called the Flamingo Hilton) and watching the movie Fools Rush In. This song was in the movie and even though it was 13 years ago, I remember it like it was yesterday. This song is extremely sentimental to me.

Luck Be a Lady by Frank Sinatra - this song just has to put you in the Vegas mood! I always picture the Rat Pack when I hear it. Ahhhh Old Vegas!

Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas by Brandon Flowers - this is not necessarily a popular song but it is a great one. It feels like a love song to Las Vegas. It doesn't just talk about the glorious side of Vegas, it talks about the dark side but it is a spectacular song. The writer/singer is from Las Vegas and you can tell how much he loves his city. He is the lead singer of the band, The Killers.

Animal by Neon Trees - I just relive the Camp Vegas commercials every time I hear this song!

Does anyone else have any other favorite Vegas songs?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Baby Let's Go To Vegas! - Faith Hill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just downloaded that song and it's very cute. Thanks for adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete